Emily Suzanne Shapiro
A Menagerie of Sound
December 11 @ 7pm
December 12 @ 6pm
In her own words:
"Genre-flexible musician loosely focussed on contemporary classical music and free improvisation. Lover of many folk and world music traditions. Composer. Queer, feminist. Lover of animals, nature, moving around, good food and good friends. Improviser, composer, searcher, teacher, small activist, creator. I like to think my job in this world is to make it better with art, music specifically, by bringing it to people who would benefit from it, make more of it."
- Women of Noise, "In conversation with Emily Shapiro"
An outdoor in-person and livestreamed concert featuring works by Jenni Brandon, Erin Goad, Sylvia Glickman, Mary D Watkins, Emily Suzanne Shapiro, Jeff Scott, and Alexandre Tansman
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts.
Photosynthesis: a livestream
July 23 @ 7:30pm ET
The Untitled Ensemble presents an evening of music teaming with life to celebrate summer, clear skies, and determined optimism!
- Were free or by donation through eventbrite and paypal
- Some people were hesitant to use paypal
- Eventbrite made people 'register' to view
See the info page for more details on the different ticket types and how register to view the livestream!
Works by: Elizabeth Raum, Lauren Bernofsky, Lili Boulanger, Alexis Hählen and more!
Our first recording completed during the summer of 2020, with most of the recordings done in isolation to a click track or outside in Elizabeth Brown's garden.
- Movement 1: Klucky in a bag in the back of a truck
- Movement 2: Elmer Fudd massacre at the Bunny family picnic
- Movement 3: Tink drinks the water and quickly regrets it
- Movement 4: Eeyore's final descent
- Movement 5: The little engine that just fucking could not
featuring: Jaye Marsh, Carlos Vasquez, Elizabeth Brown, and Emma Vachon
© Copyright Untitled Ensemble